In today's ERP Software market, the Aboard Software set of products stands clearly out of the
crowd, and in many ways.
To name but a few non-traditional, innovative features:
- It provides the only option in the market that runs over multiple database platforms, allowing
users to start small and affordably, and to automatically port the databases up to a stronger
platform when required by the size of the databases or the number of users. It is the only set
of products that does that automatically, with no need for a new software version. The only
set of products that really grows with the customer, with no limits of size or number of users.
- The unique way in which database security is handled, on a user-by-user and object-byobject
basis, allows for all users to access the company's repository databases with any
productivity or reporting tool without the fear of improper disclosure of information. This
allows the users to work with the best productivity, reporting and data mining tools over the
repository databases, but accessing only the information they have been entitled to.
- It provides a novel, extended, "smart updating" mechanism, through locking at the field level
and only at update micro time, that allows multiple users to be simultaneously updating the
same shared records (e.g.: a customer record) without any of them receiving a "record
locked" or "record in use" message. This effectively enhances multi user availability of
common resources without conflicts between users.
- History kept has no limits, and the software can reproduce the status of any accounting
object as of any day in history, regardless of the activity being posted afterwards for that
specific accounting object. As an example, if inventory is kept in FIFO or LIFO way, the
software can provide the quantities in inventory, broken down by Warehouse and by FIFO or
LIFO lots of different cost, as of any day in history. This set of products is the only one in the
market to provide that flexibility, which comes in very handy when reviewing inventory counts
taken days, weeks or even months ago.
- The set of products was designed to have no limits on the length of any of its files, like the
files of customers, vendors, inventory items or journal entries. Once a company starts using
Aboard's software, the software will keep history forever, with no limits in terms of size or
- By reflecting all the conditions that arise in keeping inventory, the software prevents users
from being oversold and/or under received, avoiding the use of negative inventory quantities
(a reflection of a software package's lack of features).
- Through the use of multiple user defined currencies, through multi-balance, multi-currency
accounts, and through the production of sales and purchasing documents in foreign currency,
the emission of checks in foreign currency, and the setting of prices in foreign currency, the
software provides an ideal choice for companies with international commerce needs, and
makes the set of products an ideal choice for companies inside and/or outside the USA,
particularly those with multi-currency and multi-company consolidation needs.